The Department of Environment, Climate and Communications would like to invite young people, of all abilities, aged 18 and under, to take part in Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) art competition.
To take part all you have to do is submit a drawing/painting showing what the Sustainable Development Goals mean to you!
The winning piece of art will be displayed on the cover of Ireland’s new National Implementation Plan for the Sustainable Development Goals. Selected pieces of work will also be displayed within the Plan or on our SDG website/social media.
The categories for the competition are as follows:
- Aged 7 and under
- Aged 8 – 11
- Aged 12 – 15
- Aged 16 – 18
- Under 18 for children with special needs
Only one entry per person will be accepted.
The overall winner will receive a €100 One4All gift Voucher
In addition, the winners of each category will receive:
First Prize: €50 One For All Voucher
Second Prize: €30 One For All Voucher
Third Prize: €20 One For All Voucher
How to apply
To enter please ask your parent or guardian to send:
- A clear photo of your drawing/painting
- Your name, age and category of the competition you are applying under
- Parent or guardian’s name and contact email address
to SDGs@decc.gov.ie by Friday 17 June.
Terms and Conditions
- Republic of Ireland Entry Only
- Excludes employees of the Department of Environment, Climate and Communication’s SDG unit and their immediate families (defined as parents, spouses, children and siblings)
- Competition runs from 23 May until midnight 17 June 2022. Entries submitted after 17 June will not be accepted.
- No purchase necessary
- Only one entry per individual is permitted.
- Each entry must be submitted by an adult aged 18 years or above
- Winners will be chosen by a selection committee within 14 days of the competition closing. Entrants (those who submitted artwork on children’s behalf) will be contacted within 14 days of the selection by email to confirm eligibility and acceptance of the prize
- Entrants must send all required details when submitting to be eligible to win, it is their responsibility to ensure that they provide the correct personal and contact details
- Submission of artwork is taken as giving permission for it to be displayed on our social media channels.
- All artwork must have been completed unaided and must be an original work
- The winners agree to allow the Department of Environment, Climate and Communications to use their name and age when announcing the winners of this Competition on their social channels
- Proof of date of birth may be requested
- We reserve the right not to award prizes in any category. The decision of the adjudicators is final and no correspondence will be entered into