The Department of Tourism, Culture, Arts, Gaeltacht, Sport, and Media is seeking to establish a panel of suitably qualified individuals to fill vacancies that may arise for the position of Services Officer in its offices in Killarney, Co. Kerry.
The Department of Tourism, Culture, Arts, Gaeltacht, Sport, and Media’s mission is to lead the sustainable development of Tourism, Media and the Gaeltacht and promote participation in the Culture, Arts, Sports, and the Irish language supporting social progress, and enhancing cultural and economic growth across Irish society.
The role of the Services Officer in the Department will involve the following duties:
- Opening and closing of building and after-hours key-holding.
- Reception duties, including switchboard, dealing with the public, contractors, and deliveries.
- Post and DX (secure legal courier service), including franking.
- Collection and distribution of post throughout the building.
- Collection of confidential and other waste and other items for disposal.
- Checking and replenishing paper supply for photocopiers and printers.
- Monitoring repairs and similar issues and logging them with OPW and liaising with same.
- Participation in organizing fire drills
- Checking first aid boxes and batteries of defibrillators
- Monitor use of carpark
- Maintain log of attendees in building
- Issue swipe cards
- Raising and lowering flags as appropriate; and
- Other duties of a similar nature as specified from time to time.
Services officers will also be required to familiarise themselves with building management systems. The required training will be provided for this.
Successful candidates will be suitable in all relevant respects for appointment to the post. They must agree to undertake the duties attached to the post and accept the conditions under which the duties are, or may be required to be performed.