The Central Statistics Office (CSO) recruiting for an Assistant Principal, Data Office in their Cork Office.
The successful candidate will assist and report to the Principal Officer for Enforcement Legal and Governance and the position is based at the CSO’s Cork Office.
The closing date is on Tuesday 24th May 2022.
The new position of Assistant Principal, Data Office will work in a team of six, comprising one other Assistant Principal, two Higher Executive Officers and two Executive Officers, reporting to the Principal Officer for Enforcement Legal and Governance. The creation of this new position represents a significant corporate investment for the CSO and stands as evidence of the commitment of the organisation to excellence in data governance, not just to acting in compliance with the relevant legislation but in striving to maintain CSO at the cutting edge of excellence in this area.
Key duties & responsibilities
The AP Data Office role involves a wide range of functions, including:
- Advising on and being responsible for design, implementation and compliance in relation to data governance, data protection and GDPR policies, practices and procedures within the CSO
- Managing the provision of supports across the Office in relation to a range of data governance processes, including but not limited to Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIA), Data Necessity and Proportionality Assessments (DNPA) and Transparency Notices
- Data Subject Access Requests (DSARs) management
- Data Breach management
- Representing the Office on working groups, both internal and external, as required
- Continuous overview, update and promotion of the Data Management Policy, and ensuring compliance with same
- Managing the development and delivery of data governance/data protection training
- Processing requests under the Freedom of Information Act, 2014 within regulatory deadlines
- Supporting the administration of the Office’s Confidentiality & Data Security Committee (CDSC) which is responsible for coordinating the implementation of our obligations relating to statistical confidentiality and data security
- Data Office Helpdesk management
- Leading the Data Office team
- Fostering and maintaining effective relationships with key stakeholders, both internal and external
- Supporting the Head of Division, the Data Protection Officer (DPO) and the Management Board in building and pro-actively developing a high performance, innovative and responsive organisation
- Any other additional responsibilities as allocated from time to time.