The Central Statistics Office (CSO) recruiting Temporary Clerical Officers for work associated with the Census of Population 2022 in their Swords Business Campus, Balheary Road, Balheary Demesne, Swords, County Dublin, office.
The duties of Temporary Clerical Officers (TCOs) may vary depending on the area you are assigned to.
The following outlines the type of work that you may be required to undertake if appointed:
- Preparing Census forms for processing;
- General clerical duties, e.g. Filing, photocopying, answering / making telephone calls, dealing with e-mails, etc.;
- File storage management;
- Dealing with the public/customers, e.g. responding to queries and providing information;
- Use of Information Technology, e.g. word processing, spreadsheets, database, email and internet;
- Supporting line managers and colleagues;
- Working as part of a team;
- Routine accounts work.
The terms and conditions, including the duration and period of temporary contracts offered, will vary from post to post.
On the closing date of Monday 25th April 2022 candidates must have:
- Previous relevant work experience, preferably in a customer service office environment;
- Appropriate level and experience of relevant ICT skills, e.g. proficiency in Word, Excel, e-mail;
- Relevant knowledge and skills to undertake the duties of the position, including the ability to
- Take direction / follow instructions;
- Organise and prioritise work effectively;
- Work well with the public and with colleagues;
- Be flexible in their approach to work;
- Be able to communicate effectively in a clear and concise manner;
- Be at least 16 years of age on or before the closing date;
- Full citizenship, Health & Character, Garda Vetting & Security Clearance, and Reference Check requirements;
- Ensure that they meet the criteria regarding Public & Civil Service Redundancy / Ill Health Retirement Schemes.